North East Contracts Limited are committed to being a highly successful Roofing Company and to the protection of the environment in which we live and operate. This is the values and principles of North East Contracts Limited and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
We recognise that our operations result in an impact to the environment and the generation of waste. It is our aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This Environmental Policy Statement applies to management, office services, construction site processes, delivery and procurement. Jacqueline Hacking, North East Contracts Limited appointed Environmental Champian is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met. We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water;
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
- Providing training and information for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture,
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders;
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation;
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.