North East Contracts Limited recognises the importance and benefits of providing a quality service to its customers. They are committed to achieving effective quality control and assurance which is vital to the achievement of the following objectives:
- Ensuring the company’s clients receive high quality workmanship
- Increased client satisfaction – leading to more repeat orders and referrals
- Greater employee motivation and job satisfaction
- Reduce wastage of materials and plant use
- Ability to keep tenders competitive
- Improved financial performance of projects
- Ability to meet target dates for completion of projects
- Improved company turnover and profitability
In order to achieve improved quality of service they have implemented a Quality Assurance system which plans to achieve the following benefits:
- Improved service to clients and main contractors for whom NEC is carrying out work.
- A better understanding among all employees and managers of the standards acceptable to and demanded by NEC.
- Ability to better identify causes of poor quality and to direct additional training or closer supervision accordingly.
- Improved clarity of roles and responsibilities of employees on each project.
- Improved feedback to employees on issues relating to standards and quality.
- Improved planning and preparation for projects about to start on site.
- Reduced time (and costs) spent on “snagging work” (rectifying work completed to an unacceptably poor standard)